... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Journey to East Africa




















Well I can hardly contain the excitement... I received the email today and I am finally embarking on the journey of a lifetime - 'Watoto Children's Village' in Uganda Africa. In 1994, Gary and Marliyn Skinner established Watoto Child Care Ministries as a compassionate response to the critical AIDS crisis confronting the East African nation of Uganda. Today Watoto is impacting the lives of more than 1,600 orphans - Uganda's most vulnerable children. Watoto's mission is to - Rescue a child, Raise a leader, Rebuild a nation. Homes are constructed to provide shelter for the most desperate children. These homes house eight children and a house mother. Watoto Children's Villages include clusters of these homes, primary and secondary classrooms, teachers' houses, a water project, medical clinic, nursery school, playgrounds, an agricultural project , a church and a community centre. The recently added baby home - 'The bullrushes' cares for abandoned babies in a loving, caring and nurturing environment and this is where I will be volunteering in the near future. To all the incredible people in my life I look forward to sharing this journey with you. So my amazing friends, join me in forging ahead with hope, purpose and destiny…. Together we can restore dignity and bring justice to the earth.


Uganda has endured the scourge of civil war and the deadly Aids epidemic.
- 12% of all Ugandan children under the age of 15 are orphans
- 1.7 million Ugandan children have been orphaned since the start of the epidemic
- There are currently 940,000 orphans living in Uganda
- This year there will 50 million AIDS orphans

3 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to have found your blog! I'm a fellow colour sister (if that makes sense..) How exciting that you're going to visit Watoto! I'm so excited for you! Will you be able to blog while you're there?

I recently started blogging to raise awareness and I'm really enjoying being a part of God's amazing story.

I'm looking forward to reading more of what's on your heart, it's always great finding likeminded women to share the journey with so if you feel like taking a squizz at my blog, feel free!

Joni xo

Heart n Soul said...

Thanks Joni - Sisterhood girl

Loved hearing from you, wasn't colour just amazing?
Will definitely check out your blog... I plan on blogging while in africa....or face booking at least. My FB profile is Positive Parenting. God Bless xx

Anonymous said...

I only just found this comment.. I'll look for you on facebook :o)

Yes Colour was amazing! Life changing even!

xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...