... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Friday, April 29, 2011

If I knew I could, I would....

On Fridays around these parts we have a little tradition. We throw caution (editing, revising, and worrying) to the winds and just write. Without wondering if it’s just right or not. For five minutes flat. You’re welcome to play along. Today's prompt is, 'If I knew I could, I would...' The rules are easy. Linking up with the gypsy mama.
Mallorca 2008
If I knew I could I would pack the kids up for a trip around the world and take them places they have only dreamed of. We would do all the fun stuff like visiting Disneyland in Paris, or riding an elephant in India and chomping our way through spaghetti and gelati in Italy. Oh how fun this would be...but....more than that I would love to show them the richness of life, the wonderful and also heartbreaking places and a strong and resilient people....so that their eyes might be open.....to perhaps gain perspective.... or shift focus. I would want them to see for themselves that life is not the sum of what you have but rather the sum of what you have to give....that purpose, significance and destiny is reaching out rather than reaching in.

Walk through a mountain-side



This weeks link ups

5 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Renee said...

I think perspective is one of the most valuable gifts we can give our children. All of the smallness seems to fall away as we see how Big life really is :) Lovely. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

oh awesome!!! I love this and how fun would that be!

Jen Price said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan! After having lived in S. Africa and taken my kids all over the world, I can definitely attest to the richness that comes from it. My son talks about seeing lions, elephant, and zebra in the wild like it's no big deal! I love that! Praying that trip around the world goes from a dream to a reality someday!

AC said...

That would be great! There's so much world to see out there it would be lovely to be able to travel and learn different cultures. Loved your post.

signingcharity said...

What a fun take on this "assignment". I would love to travel with my girls someday!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...