... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Patience, perseverance and endurance

Winter in Australia

Today I ran 1.5 kilometres along the beach front. I had to really push myself and gave myself a really good talking to ... willing myself to step it up and push through the no go zone, that place somewhere between quitting and taking it easy. Other joggers whizzed past me, effortless it would seem as I co-ordinated my breathing and jogging routine. Two months on and I am hanging in there, focusing on patience, perseverance and endurance. I am choosing to see the light at the end of the tunnel, the silver lining ... the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I'm still waiting for the good-feeling endorphins to take over so I can really enjoy this thing ... I'm still waiting though (Maybe one day soon!!)  In the meantime I am mastering the art of 'mind over matter' and catching my breath has been a refreshing change.

Let us run with perseverance the race set before us. (Heb 12:1-2)

capture, celebrate, cherish



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...