... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Letting go

I got older this week (another birthday)...  and it makes you think about growing, changing and letting go. I am beginning anew by throwing away a few old things. I am clearing out a few things to make a bit of room for some new things and hopefully a few new experiences too .... clearing out old shoes, old clothes and a lot of old stuff. I use to hold on to these things because who knows when you might need it .... it may suddenly increase in value and might become valuable or even vintage! But I am thinking that I will let someone else appreciate and discover the value in these old things. Sometimes the things we hold onto can actually keep us small, contained and ... well boring. It's time to make room for more ... more room, more dreams and more of this life.


The paradox is that in order to embrace the new, we have to be willing to let go ... to let go of old things so we can hold on to something different and new. We have to be willing to open our hands and let go of the old, the things weighing us down and the things keeping us contained.


In order to hold on to something we have to be willing to let go of something.



capture, celebrate, cherish

Photobucket

4 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I love that last bit, in order to hold onto something, we have to let something go. Great thoughts to mull over for the weekend (and I need to sort my cupboard out!)
God bless
Tracy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the thought provoking post today, sweetie! I tend to hold unto all kinds of things, I think because I moved every single year until I was 14...and mom never kept anything, it has made me want to hold unto things. But, my sister in law just last weekend said, very profoundly I might add..." We cannot take any of this with us!" and it made me sit and think...none of this will matter in the end, only my family and friends will matter...
anyway, I wanted to let you know I loved this post and it got me to thinking once again! :)

OH, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

I like your line about keeping old things can keep us contained...and the freeing thought of letting others find the value in these vintage items...and thanks for stopping by my blog as well!

Denise said...

You post reminds me that life is quietly urging me to move on, embrace the future, and create new memories! Maybe all that I have been and once was is important, but now it is more important for me to move forward and grow! :)

Happy birthday!
Blessings and hugs,
Denise

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...