... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ready, set, go!


Well my classroom is set up and ready to go. I have even bought the class pets (a fighting fish and two hermit crabs) which will make their grand debut on Monday along with all the Grade One kiddies. My son has been enjoying the hermit crabs and has even made them a cardboard race track. They are fast little critters. I am sure they will keep us all entertained with their clever antics. They are pretty good climbers for having to carry a shell around on their back! 




‘Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire’ - William Butler Yeats. 

What a privilege it is to set the world ablaze with the most open and engaging of young minds. 

Looking forward to the start of the school year and all the fresh faced youngsters eager to learn how to read and write. The awe of it does not escape me. Teaching is both a privilege and an honour! How did I get so lucky?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...