... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

With a little Uumphh!!

'Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.' - Anon

This Mother's Day I got to share the day with a special friend. What a way to celebrate the day. I love that we made room in our busy lives to enjoy the simple things that make life so truly wonderful - the late afternoon sun, laughing, a bit of photography, kids giggling on swings, a leisurely stroll with the sun on your face (complete with rip sticks, bikes and skateboards of course, because what else do you do at a park when your a kid!!) 
(At first I was a little unsure about the picnic idea. This could mean more work!! ... on Mother's Day ... for me! We are not a big picnic family. Fish and chips on the beach - my kind of picnic - No preparing, packing or unloading when you get home). 
    

Buttoday I would have more eager helping hands than usual, after all it was my day and

... to tell you the truth I just needed the time out. I needed the excuse to truly unwind ... the opportunity to forget deadlines, the profiles that needed sorting and reports that called for my attention. So glad we did. It was a gorgeous day, even if it was a little more chilly than our usual autumn afternoon! 

What I loved most however, were the smiles on the kids faces ... there is something about watching pure delight beam from a child's face(No matter how old they are or how big we might feel!)

 The simplest things really do bring the most pleasure. Forget t.v, technology and high tech games for entertainment! The wide open spaces bring a sense of freedom that is so very refreshing and there is something about kids swinging that much higher as their feet inch closer to the sun, hopeful of touching the clouds above or dipping the feet in the expanse of that wild blue yonder.

There is something special about that kind of longing, to reach out and touch the impossible and to believe that you can, to try and keep on trying!

This Mother's Day I am grateful for the reminder of this kind of longing and a hope beyond all earthly constraints. No matter what, keep on swinging and despite the ups and downs ... with a little uumphh we're going to get there in the end!

Linking up  with Ann Voskamp and Jen Ferguson. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...