... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Can


Growing up can't was a dirty word in our household.
I was always pulled up on it and made to change my statement.
My Dad would remonstrate ' There is no such thing as can't!'

I begged to differ!!
As a child this was frustrating. I checked the dictionary
and .... it was in there, a contraction of I CAN NOT!

However
As an adult (and parent myself), 
I am so very grateful that this way of seeing things 
was so firmly entrenched in my thinking.

Because, eventually the message sank in and established a way of living that has forged and fashioned who I am today.
It helped me to overcome great odds, to persevere when the going got tough. 

I learnt to live over, not under
above, not beneath
higher, not lower
grounded and not airy fairy!!

So
I am currently finding myself journeying 
down the same path with my children and turning their cant's into cans.

They are not very impressed!
(I understand their pain.)

But 
 with the benefit of hindsight, I will continue to lead them
(and if necessary push them)
to believe in their dreams and that anything truly is possible!

Just because I can!

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...