... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Arise and Awaken....be the change

Heart and Soul is a part of an amazing Sisterhood of girls around the globe - a company of everyday girls desiring to make a difference and make the world a better place. Having been awakened to the cry of humanity it is my time to rise up and bring eternal significance.... I personally am taking on the call to arise and awaken and go beyond, beyond ..... I am 'HEART AND SOUL', "I AM SISTERHOOD'. In the Colour Sisterhoods words, 'It is a foundation seeking to place value upon humanity - A story of unity and alliance.' The current 'Colour Sisterhoods' initiatives are fleshed out on three fronts; Orphans and children to rescue, sisters to come alongside and nations to believe in. Heart and Soul is aligning with this global fight against injustice - with all my heart and soul I intend on being the change.


Two of the 'Colour Sisterhood' initiatives that I personally seek to align with are 'Baby Watoto' and 'Be her dignity - facial reconstruction'. Watoto are starting two new baby homes in 2010, in Gulu and Kampala for abandoned and orphaned babies.


Watoto have also been working with a significant problem that emerged from the war crisis. The LRA used disfigurement as a method of torture. Many women have been horrifically disfigured. It costs only $3000 to restore someones smile and give back their dignity. (Detailed info about Watoto is under 'my cause' tab)


 I am a woman on a mission - I am  Sisterhood .....a global movement of girls around the earth!  (Sisterhood Declaration)


We can all be a part of the CHANGE - by aligning personally with a gathering of amazing women and girlfriends we can bring hope and healing to a hurting world. In the near future I plan on assisting at Baby Watoto with a few of my girlfriends and look forward to raising the funds necessary to go towards building a new babies home and reconstructive surgery for a Ugandan women. On the global front, the opportunity to be a part of the change is coming soon to the Gold Coast......would love to have you along for this amazing journey.


'We can't do everything, but we can do something!'
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...