... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Embracing the camera - with my son

My daughter took these photos Easter Monday and oh how I love them.
My son and I ... so deep in conversation - heart to heart.
This boy makes my heart glad, his gentle soul is healing balm.

I love you my son, always will.
I love you more than all the stars in the sky.
I see the man you will become, smart, caring and kind.

So full of wild dreams and crazy ideas. 
So much potential inside of you, all bottled up, 
busting to break free.

I watch you build, design and create 
and stand amazed at this life that given to me.
How did I get so lucky? So blessed to raise this life, 
this sweet gift from heaven.



I watch you grow and think about the man you will be some day.
Sometimes the hard decisions I have to make are beyond me. 
The tough calls that require me to shape you into that man
 are sometimes really hard to make son.
But, I make them because of you.

Because I see the man you will one day be.
I'm proud of that man, proud of who you will be.
I love you son.


There will be tough times ahead, some maybe unexpected.
Anything of value is worth fighting for, so fight hard son.
Don't quit, don't give up, ever!

You were born for this time, a time full of hope and promise.
You are that hope, shining ever bright, a city on a hill.
The whispers of times past push you, pressing you always forward, 
the voice of purpose sings aloud, listen to her song son.

You have what it takes son, trust your heart my beautiful boy.
It is your guiding light, your compass, let it always direct you home. 
Trust your heart son, nothing makes me more proud.



I  love you son.


5 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Jamie said...

So fun! The pictures capture a sweet moment.

sarah said...

you have a beautiful blog! :) thanks for stopping by mine! are you in Australia? :) Some of our best friends lived in Adelaide for a while!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a sweet, wonderful moment to capture! Love it! :)

Wendy said...

Those are great pics! I love unplanned laughter :)

Allison Yokum said...

What a great moment! And I love the pictures!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...