... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Mother's Day Poem


A Love Second to One

You loved me before I was born,
Wove my body inside your own,
Mended my buttons when they were torn.
I never had known
A humanly love so overflown.
Comfort in your voice,
In your scent and your warmth
’Tis not a moment or day,
But a lifetime of joy.
You gave of yourself
What no one could ask,
Your time and self-interest
For my blessing and best.
This was, no doubt, your never-ending quest.
I remember dearly our endless days
When you baked peanut butter cookies
And I watched, amazed.
There is but one love, which outstrips yours -
A love more perfect than a human can show.
It is the one everlasting, older than dinosaurs,
The one I know, in part because of you.
His love is greater, I delight in it with you!

Happy Mother’s day, you loving cuckoo!
I am lucky to say it and I bid you, adieu.
Jaidyn-Tyler (Thanks my darling boy xx)

0 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...