... Living inspired by the beauty of life, one post at a time.

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Galavanting About


So I just realised that I have let 3 months slip by without posting ... all because I have been busily preparing  a little galavant around the globe and who knew how time consuming that would be! Safe to say, flights are now booked except for that one little flight to Santorini!! Yaass, S-A-N-T-O-R-I-N-I-!! Still pinching myself just dreaming about that one. Four weeks of accomodation through Greece, Italy, Switzerland and France now under my belt and carefully planned down to the very last detail, although that does keep changing depending on the reviews I'm currently reading! So many quaint out of the way spots to explore!

Earlier this year, I contemplated looking at investment options to secure my financial future and was knee deep in debilitating decision making, when overwhelmed with all the financial pathways (and money warrens) before me, I just decided to hell with it and latched onto the idea of taking that dream holiday pre retirement instead!! Not that I'm in the slightest bit near retirement (although I might nearly be over THE hill having traipsed up a number of smaller hills of late) and having that one little bird eager to fly the nest, I may just be feeling the effects (and trauma) associated with impending empty nest syndrome. It just seemed as good a time as any to take that trip to those far flung places and dreamy jaunts that I have always dreamt about. Although, I do keep discovering new places that I've actually never dreamt about and have happily added them to that never ending list of places to visit.

I'm currently galavanting around Tuscany from my laptop, working out if I want to go to Siena and San Gimigano while staying in the Chianti region. I just read a review about this awesome little Italian guy who does the most phenomenal taxi tours and tailor makes the trip for you. I was expecting to travel back to Florence by bus to catch the train out to Pisa and Cinque Terre but realised after reading the 'Discover Tuscany' website that I may be able to squeeze in a great deal more sightseeing in Chianti if I can get a reasonable taxi for half a day and completely bypass going back to Florence. Fingers crossed! I'm waiting to hear back from Daniele in Panzano.

While I wait to hear back from Daniele, feast your eyes on this glorious view of the rolling hills of Chianti.

    Source



0 'heart 2 hearts'…heartfelt comments here.:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing, kind words are sunshine to the soul!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...